Question:
What is a type of dry italian wine?
iturnerbrown
2006-01-09 12:21:40 UTC
I am looking for the name of a type of red wine that is dry and usually associated with Sicily. Does anybody know the type?
Five answers:
thespartangio
2006-01-10 01:21:33 UTC
The wine you are probably looking for is called Rosso del Conte. It is one of the only red wines that is grown and bottled in Sicily. Sicily is actually known for its dessert and sweet wines, such as Marsala.
artbabi
2006-01-09 20:40:42 UTC
Uhh, Chianti? I don't know if that's from Sicily but it's a traditional dry red table wine.
Joseph
2006-01-09 20:18:47 UTC
Maybe the link below will help . . .

Also according to the "Wine Lover's Companion," the wine type may be Muscat -- one fo the most popular wines produced in Sicily.
noiradox
2006-01-09 22:00:44 UTC
"Nero d'avola" is the commonest dry red wine from Sicily.
dcql
2006-01-10 08:11:23 UTC
"Rosso Conero" or "Rosso Piceno" from Marche